Garment(s) must be washed separately. Turn garments inside out. Use a mild liquid detergent, gently hand wash in a large volume of cold water. Rinse immediately.
DO NOT allow garment to soak. Pat dry with a clean towel and use a thick plastic hanger to air dry. Resist the urge to wring your leotards after hand washing them. Doing so can damage the fibers. Lay the leotard out on a towel, roll the towel up and squeeze gently, then lay or hang it to dry. Avoid drying it in sunshine.
DO NOT use fabric softeners. Fabric softeners negatively affect the adhesives used in garment construction, causing the foil on fabrics to discolor and the embellishments to fall off. Fabric softener can also build up over time and reduce the ability of the fabric to breathe and manage moisture.
DO NOT dry clean. Dry cleaning uses harsh chemicals that can damage the fabric and embellishments.
DO NOT iron. The heat from an iron can melt and/or discolor delicate fabrics. Excessive heat can also weaken the adhesives used to attach the embellishments to the garment and cause them to fall off.
Tips to make your favorite AERO Leotards last a long time:
Metallic, hologram and Mystique fabrics are very beautiful and eye catching. However, these fabrics may dull with wear and repeated washing. Areas such as under the arms, the seat and the abdomen, or those areas that incur abrasion, may show some loss of foil or special effects. Please wash according to the instructions and follow the tips below. With proper care your leotard will look great for a long time!
- Rinse/Wash ASAP: Leotards need a rinse even after a quick workout. Sweat, body oils, and deodorant can do damage. The sooner you can wash, the better!
- DO NOT use your garment as a swimsuit. The chemicals in a pool, and heat within a hot tub, will quickly damage the fabric.
- Keep sunscreen away from your garment as it can stain light colored fabrics.
- Do not dry your garment in the sun as it will bleach the color and toughen the fabric.
- Avoid rough surfaces, rubbing against gym equipment, and velcro from mats while wearing your garment as it can cause pilling, snagging and/or tearing.
- Rotate Leos: Spandex and Lycra are memory fabrics, that means they need a full day to snap back to their usual position. If you're at camp, or wear leotards daily, it's essential to have more than one so that each leo has time to recover and dry. Spandex requires more than a day to dry.